Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My Surprise for Kates

While Kates was up in W. Yellowstone I worked on a project. I told her about it and she always asked but I wouldn't ever tell her. I told her that I did talk to my family about it and that its something she can use. I worked on it for weeks and spent lots of time bugging my mom asking her if it was right. It was originally supposed to be a Christmas present but when Kates showed up at home for the year earlier then was planned I just couldn't wait. I rushed to get it done so I could give it to her. She was so happy and the quilt stays on her bed and keeps her warm at night!!
Here she is opening the present. I was so excited that I didn't even wrap it. I just threw it into a bag!
I was hoping she would like it!
I spent a long time measuring and cutting out the squares. It was well worth the time and effort to see her smile!
That's a section of the back folded over. The levis I used were mine and I even cut up a good pair of my jeans so I would have enough squares to finish the quilt!

1 comment: