Wednesday, November 2, 2011

What she did while she was gone!!!

During the summer of 2010 Kates and her two friends spent time in West Yellowstone. They worked at the Hadley's Motel and Woodside Bakery which are both owned and operated by her family. She would clean rooms during the mornings and end her days at the bakery. When she wasn't working they enjoyed their drives through the park. One on her favorite destinations was Hebgon Lake! She would often drive there when she needed a break and just enjoy being outdoors. We spent countless hours on the phone talking and updating each other on whats happening. I would keep her informed about my progress in the Police Academy. She was so proud of me, but was upset when she got the call about me being hurt! I didn't want to tell her but she was going to find out when I didn't graduate. One of their favorite things to do was driving out to the lake to watch the stars. I wish I would have had the time to get up there during the summer but with the academy and school it just wasn't possible. Kates and I have since made a trip there but hope to go again and actually get the chance to go through the park. Which she enjoyed doing with Brynn and Kara. When she finally came home for the year she rushed as fast as she could. She also told a little lie about when she was coming home. She arrived earlier then expected and I couldn't have been more happy!!


Mmmmm Marshmallows.
Brynn and Kates.
Craig keepin the fire going.
Somewhere under all that dirt is her car!
There it is!
Brynn and Kates.
Kara and Kates.
At Woodside Bakery!! Look how happy they are to be there!
Out and about exploring
Kates and Kara, look at that air!!
Brynn and Kates. Showing off her superior jumping skills once again!
One of the occasional road trips to get Taco Bell.
This is one of the giant bugs that I would hear about. Kates would call and fill me in on the latest bug attack she experienced while cleaning rooms. She was so dramatic, I only wish I was there to save her.. instead I would laugh as she told her stories!! She was so adorable!
Using a pen for size comparison!


Kates mom Kelly. She makes amazing desserts and meals!! As well as incredible wedding cakes!! She is the genius behind the bakery. If your ever in West Yellowstone be sure to stop by and the Woodside Bakery for her amazing treats!

Tips, Tips, Tips.

That all looks so good!!
A list of goodies the Bakery sells. But don't forget the delicious sandwiches!
Soda and Coffee
Kates snapped this photo and though of me, I wonder why ;)
Quake Lake
Just one of the pretty places she got to go.
This is a result of the big storm that rolled in.
It uprooted trees.
And tore off rooftops!!
The beauty of West Yellowstone!
More pretty places!
Although it's still in operation, the motel is under construction for a remodel on some areas. Its a lot of work but the family all takes time to head up there and work on what they can. Here Kyler is seen working hard.. I wonder where everyone else is :) Hopefully they came back to help ;)
Hadley's Motel.
Ummmm, I hope they weren't moving. Neither of them are watching the road :)
Catching up on her zzz's after a hard day.

No comments:

Post a Comment